Speeding up wineserver syncronization objects with shared memory

Mike McCormack mike_mccormack at looksmart.com.au
Sat Feb 17 01:52:00 CST 2001

Hi,

There are some other issues with wineserver that we should consider at
the same time as speed of mutexes. Things that come to mind are:

* VirtualAlloc/Virtual Protect on other processes memory
* inefficiency of async i/o and file i/o in general
* lack of interprocess messaging an difficulty of implementing it
efficiently with wineserver's architecture

The more i think about it, the more i believe that we do need to add
*something* into the kernel to improve the efficiency and flexability
of the wineserver.

Mike

mailto:Mike_McCormack at looksmart.com.au
ph +82 16 430 0425