GetFullPathName & trailing backslash in path arg (Heroes of Might & Magic III problem)

Tadeusz Szczyrba trevor at
Mon Feb 19 18:33:40 CST 2001

It looks like GetFullPathName kernel.dll API func preserves trailing
given in path argument, but implementation of this func in wine
(files/dos_fs.c) removes it from return value (code starting at line
in this file).

Info about  behavior taken from
(I don't have authorized windows api reference and even don't want to
look for it - regular wine developer can check this in seconds).
Removal 3 lines of code from this file cures runtime of "Heroes of Might
& Magic III" (and I don't know what too).

Tadeusz Szczyrba
trevor at