Wine & Wrapster/UnWrapper/etc

gerard patel gerard.patel at asi.fr
Wed Feb 21 15:56:57 CST 2001

At 01:34 AM 20/2/01 +1100, you wrote:

>Just a potentially useful data point, since the Wrapster source is freely
>available on their website (it's written in PASCAL).  Wrapster and
>UnWrapper won't work under WINE 20010112.  Wrapster appears to sit in an
>infinite loop when asked to unwrap a file (although it's a 180Mb+ file so
>it may be doing something, but strace implies it's sitting there being
>confused, since it continually lstat()'s the destination directory and then
>does some miscellaneous memory mapping and unmapping).
>
>UnWrapper (2.x and 3.x) simply die on startup.
<snip>

Did you install it with Wine ? You need  to add the winedefault.reg data
to the Wine registry using regapi and it will install correctly. It starts
for me after that using only builtin libraries, with some problems - it seems
that this app could be a good test bed for Ole conformance given the number of
FIXME issued, and a few run-time errors (caught by the exception handlers
of Delphi)

I can't test further for now since I don't have any wrapped file available.

Gerard