Additional registry key for PS driver

Ian Pilcher pilcher at concentric.net
Wed Feb 21 22:26:27 CST 2001

Huw -

Now that I've finally gotten EnumPrinterDataEx implemented, I'll redo my
font mapping patch to use it.  While I'm doing this, I'm thinking of
adding another value, which I'm thinking of calling "SoftFonts".  This
would be a REG_MULTI_SZ, and it would simply be a list of fonts that the
driver should use even if they're not listed in the PPD file.

For now, we rely on the user to set up a filter which will embed those
fonts into the print job (which is what I do with my TrueType fonts).
Having the PostScript driver embed the fonts itself can go on the wish
list.

The value can go in the PrinterDriverData subkey, and the driver can
read it with GetPrinterData.

What do you think of this scheme?
Ian Pilcher                                       pilcher at concentric.net