Speeding up wineserver synchronization objects with shared memory

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Sat Feb 24 22:48:37 CST 2001

Ove,

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 12:06:07PM +0100, Ove Kaaven wrote:
> There's no such thread, and will never be such a thread (having the
> wineserver calling into client threads is an inherently unstable design).

I think I've read this before, when the topic was FindWindow. IIRC that
thread never came to any conlusion/solution. Will the same happen to
this topic too? If it looks like these problems could be solved by some
sort of server calling into the client then why not do this until someone
finds a better solution? On the other hand, if this mechanism doesn't
work on a technical basis, that is something I can live with. "inherently
unsable design" could be both: People simply not liking the idea of this
and the corresponding design implications or it could be just another
variant of "it won't work any better than the solution proposed so far".
Which one is it?

 Ciao
    Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer at loplof.de>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know