Confusing SHGetFolderPath

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Jul 2 11:46:12 CDT 2001

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, nog wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While I was looking through some of the wine dlls' code I found that the
> function SHGetFolderPath is in the shell32 dll and the shfolder dll. Is
> this ment to be like this? Because the docs that I read says that the
> function is meant to be in shfolder.  Anyway are the two functions meant
> to do the same thing? If so then why is the one in shell32 implemented
> and working and the one on shfolder doesn't eaven appear to give a fixme
> message?

   Just another datapoint: according to my files SHGetFolderPath does
not exist in Win95, is implemented in shfolder on Win98, and has entry
points in both shfolder and shell32 in Win2000 and WinMe.
   That's probaby why we have the situation described by Uwe Bones in
Wine.

              Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware