Help with nonclient Windows 95 frame

Bill Medland medbi01 at accpac.com
Thu Jul 5 14:26:32 CDT 2001

I'd appreciate some advice here before I mess things up for everyone else.

In the longer term I am fixing a border issue with the edit control, but
before doing so I am fixing up the nonclient frame drawing code (i.e.
NC_DoNCPaint95).

The code contains quite a bit of calculation based upon the system metrics.
 The code seems to reflect the Windows documentation.  However it should
come as no surprise that there are disagreements between that documentation
and what I see on my Win95 computer!  For example a frame with WS_THICKEDGE
but no WS_BORDER nor WS_DLGFRAME nor WS_EX_DLGMODALFRAME on my computer is
only 3 pixels wide, not 4 (although one of those pixels is the COLOR_WINDOW
associated with the WS_THICKEDGE)

Is there a way to adjust the size of the borders on the Win95 to be able to
see what affects what?

Bill