Are these the ordinal names?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun Jul 8 14:13:25 CDT 2001

Peter Hunnisett <hunnise at yahoo.com> writes:

> Howdy,
>   I have a couple of questions about the following error messages
>
> err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
> SHLWAPI.dll.281(wvnsprintfA) imported from
> C:\windows\system\shdocvw.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
> SHLWAPI.dll.282(wvnsprintfW) imported from
> C:\windows\system\shdocvw.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
> SHLWAPI.dll.240(StrRetToStrW) imported from
> C:\windows\system\shdocvw.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
>
> 1) Do these messages mean that 281 is named wvnsprintfA and so on? If
> so, why does the SHLWAPI.240 name not seem to jive with the existing
> implementation?

If a name is specified, the ordinal is only a hint, so it's OK for it
to be different. What this means is that in some version of shlwapi
StrRetToStrW is at ordinal 240, but it can be at other ordinals in
other versions since it is looked up by name.

In our builtin version, ordinal 240 is something else (which is fine),
and StrRetToStrW is not implemented at all (which is the cause of your
problem). You can either implement it, or use the native shlwapi.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com