wv{sn,ns}printf[AW]

Peter Hunnisett hunnise at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 14:22:46 CDT 2001

Hi,
  it appears that we have a bit of a hack in the wine code. Presently we
export wvsnprintf[AW] from user32.

- These two functions do not appear to be in the real user32.dll and the
comments in the code seem to back it up.
- Windows does have wvnsprintf[AW] (note the transposed "sn") exported
from shlwapi.dll

  So my questions are:

1) Was the user32 a bit of a hack because those routines just weren't
noticed or was it because of something from before shlwapi?
2) Can wvnsprintf be moved from user32 into shlwapi? This would cause
user32 to have to import shlwapi (because wsprintfA and friends use it
in their implementation) and I don't know if that's legal because user32
seems to only import gdi32 and kernel32. If not, what's the solution?
Reimplement everything in user32 to not use wvnsprintf and move the
implementation over or just keep the existing situation and rename
wvnsprintf to wvnsprintf and forward the shlwapi calls to user32?

Thanks,
Peter

hunnise at yahoo.com