PATCH: internetgetconnectionstate

Gerard Patel gerard.patel at nerim.net
Mon Jul 9 20:14:59 CDT 2001

At 11:37 PM 09/07/2001 +0200, you (Marcus Meissner) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>QuickTimePlayer 5 is using InternetGetConnectedState to check whether to
>download its 'homepage'.
>
>Just say we are connected, and on a LAN.
>
>Ciao, Marcus
>
>Changelog:
>	Have InternetGetConnectedState always return 'LAN connection'.

Theoretically this could cause trouble when used with a computer
having no connection to the Internet, as an app could think it can
connect, try to do it, fail and terminate or display annoying messages.

It's not really a strong objection, as most decent computers are
connected to the Internet these days, but maybe a config option could
be better ? Just a thought.

Gerard