Documentation fixes

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Jul 13 19:31:11 CDT 2001

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> Well, there is the issue of maintaining redundant information.
> Sure winapi_check can (and indeed was the original reason for it)
> find missmatchs. But given the number of errors I have seen people
> make that winapi_check detected, we really should avoid having
> redundant information if we can.

If there is an easy way to avoid it, sure. But if it requires a Perl
script as complex as winapi_check, especially the maintaining of the
*.api files, I'm not sure it's a win. And it seems to me you are
finding a lot more errors in the comments than in the spec files ;-)

> In addition it will be much easier for the developers (especially
> newbies). If you change the prototype in the .c files or the
> ordinal in the comment above it, it will be enough. Stub files
> will be something normal developers needn't concern himself with.

If normal developers need to change the spec file for an existing
function, something is seriously wrong. The spec entry is dictated by
the dll interface, and there is no reason to change it (except maybe
to change a 'ptr' into an 'str', but this is a cosmetic issue).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com