Lots of #defines OK?

Ian Pilcher ian.pilcher at home.com
Thu Jul 19 09:45:15 CDT 2001

I'm giving some thought to cleaning up the data structures used by the
PostScript driver.  Any significant change here will require that the
glyph list and font data be regenerated.  This is not particularly
difficult, but it would be easier if I could remove the dependency of
the font data on the glyph name array.

Each glyph's metrics include a pointer to its name, and all of the
built-in glyph names are in a single array named PSDRV_AGLGlyphNames (in
dlls/wineps/data/agl.c).  So the metrics for a glyph look like this:

    {
	 33, 0x0021,  600, PSDRV_AGLGlyphNames +  907,
		{  236,  -15,  364,  572 }, NULL	/* exclam */
    }

I would like to get rid of the "hardcoded" offset into the glyph name
array and replace it with a macro ('GN_exclam', for example).  Each font
data file could then simply include a header that gets regenerated when-
ever the glyphlist is changed -- eliminating the current requirement to
regenerate all the font data.

Anyone see any problems with this?  (There are currently 1258 built-in
glyph names.)

Thanks!