CoGetClassObject

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jul 19 15:05:39 CDT 2001

"richard.morgan9" wrote:
> > I think the book you guys are talking about is "Inside OLE",
> > Microsoft Press, by Kraig Brockschmidt.  Available for free in
> > CD version of MSDN, not sure about online.  Other books to check
> > out are "Inside COM" from MS Press (not sure the author),
> > and "Programming Applications for Windows" by Richter goes
> > into some of the messy stuff involving thread, processes, etc..
>
> The only description I've seen of how COM is actually
> implemented by Microsoft apart from msj articles is in
> Don Box's book "Essential COM" (possibly the self-
> same articles reprinted in his book), which I found to
> be the most informative book on the subject.

Another interesting book is "COM IDL & Interface Design" by Al Major.
It goes into great detail about how type libraries and marshalling work.
One of the amazon reviews calls it "god's gift to those who --pay attention, please--
want to achieve an in-depth understanding of the marshalling issues as applied to MS COM."

- Dan