more misc fixes

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Jul 19 16:27:17 CDT 2001

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> Ah. You are right, I orginally meant to add it in a
> different file (wine/obj_base16.h perhaps) but I didn't
> think it would matter since other 16 bit interface like
> IStream16 and IStorage16 is in wine/obj_*.h already.
> Perhaps they should be move out as well?
>
> If so to where? wine/obj_*16.h or perhaps the DLLs directories if possible?

The DLL directories definitely; and if possible in the .c file where
they are needed, to make it clear they must not be used from the
outside.

> In addition (as I hinted in 5.) requiring all non-static functions
> to have a .h file declaration is good policy for any application
> including Wine. Hint, if a function isn't static somebody else
> should use it otherwise some else is wrong, ie it really should
> be static after all.

All 16-bit API functions must be treated as if they were static. They
cannot be because of the spec file reference, but ideally no code
should ever call a 16-bit API, it should use the corresponding 32-bit
API. Adding prototypes and a header file is only going to encourage
using these functions which is not what we want.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com