COMM16: use overlapped I/O not service thread

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Jul 19 22:17:35 CDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:33:23 +1000 Mike McCormack
<mike_mccormack at start.com.au> writes:
> This is a multi-part message in MIME format
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_53222353
>

> Hi,
>
> i've tested this patch a little... with wfw3.1 terminal, i can type
> AT
> and receive OK from my modem, but i'm not supremely confident about
> it. If somebody :-) could test it and review it a bit i'd be
> grateful...
>
> Mike
>
> ChangeLog:
> Replace service thread with ReadFileEx/WriteFileEx for COMM16.

If you get this, my 16 bit comms app can at least send mail with your
patch.
It aint much, but it is a bit more than terminal.exe talking to a modem.

Lawson
---
Somebody, somebody has to, you see,
So she picked out two somebodies, Sally and me.  - T.S.G.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.