Prevent excessive clipping in SysListView32

Bill Medland medbi01 at accpac.com
Thu Jul 26 09:13:56 CDT 2001

Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote in article
<15199.54377.7430.982534 at hertz.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de>...

>     Medland,> I am not very comfortable with this one but strange as it
may
>     Medland,> seem it solves the problem.  I'd love to know why.
>     Medland,> <<diff13.txt>> Bill Medland (medbi01 at accpac.com) Prevents
>     Medland,> excessive clipping in SysListView32.
>
>     Medland,>
>     Medland,>-static inline int perfect_graphics(void)
>     Medland,>+static int perfect_graphics(void)
>     Medland,> {
>     Medland,>     static int perfect = -1;
>     Medland,>     if (perfect == -1)
>     Medland,>
>
> Some C-Expert is requested here, but I suspect that in the old function
the
> variable "perfect" was created in every instantiation of the
> "perfect_graphics" inlined function. Could you perhaps try to declare the
> "perfect" outside the inlined function, like
>
> static int perfect = -1;
> static inline int perfect_graphics(void)
>
> Bye
> --
> Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
>
> Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
> --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------

It's not my function so I don't particularly care what happens; all that I
know is that when the function was modified on 19 June it started causing
problems with the listview control when the texts were too large to fit.
Note that the static int perfect was inside the function before that date.
However to be honest since the function grew so significantly and takes no
argument I don't see why it is inline anyway.

Bill