DrawText

Bill Medland medbi01 at accpac.com
Thu Jul 26 09:20:22 CDT 2001

Travis Michielsen <tjmichielsen at yahoo.com> wrote in article
<20010726134156.97724.qmail at web14204.mail.yahoo.com>...

> --- Bill Medland <medbi01 at accpac.com> wrote:
> > Travis Michielsen <tjmichielsen at yahoo.com> wrote in article
> > <20010725154148.15682.qmail at web14205.mail.yahoo.com>...

> > start

> > (Shows

> > > Glad I could help! :) Hopefully it works for you.  Just hope its
tested
> > enough
> > > that it works good in all situations.
> > >
> > >   - Travis Michielsen
> >
> > Sorry, it doesn't.  There are some problems down in the core to do with
the
> > handling of DT_WORD_ELLIPSIS in non-single-line controls etc.  (The
> > ellipsis handling needs to be in the TEXT_NextLineW).
> >
> > Are you well set up to handle all that stuff or shall I?  (After all, I
> > have the offending cases with which to test)
> >
> > Bill
>
> Sorry to hear that.  I will be able to look into it but if anyone has any
test
> programs they would help ALOT.
How about the Hello World sample program from Petzold 3rd edition chapter 2
with tiny modifications.

Personally the difficult bit for me is designing the experiments
themselves.

If you like I can create some of the test cases if you want to do the
coding.  Do you want to take this off the newsgroup?

By the way, how about using GetTextExtentExPoint to measure the string,
that way you don't need to worry about the kerning etc; the only
complication is the tabs.

Bill