Dose wine people hate Solaris?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Jul 26 12:54:53 CDT 2001

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, EriK W wrote:

> I have posted my question for compiling Wine in solaris x86 for 2 weeks,
> seems no anybody even has a bit interest.

   The only message I see from you is the one you posted on wine-devel
the 24th, two *days* ago.

> Do you guys hate solaris? :)

   I don't think so. But few Wine developpers use Solaris which makes it
harder for them to help you. I myself

[...]
> Does anybody has even a suggestion for me? pls don't tell me nuke my
> solaris. :)

   No, certainly not. We need you if Wine is going to keep
supporting Solaris :-)

So from you previous email:

[...]
> /usr/openwin/include/X11/Xutil.h:56: warning: ignoring pragma: "@(#)Xutil.h
> 1.2     00/07/05 SMI

   This one does not really matter.

> gcc -Wl,-G -Wl,-h,/usr/local/lib/libwine_tsx11.so  locking.o ts_xf86dga.o
> ts_xf86dga2.o  ts_xf86vmode.o  ts_xshm.o  ts_xlib.o  ts_xresource.o
> ts_xvideo.o  ts_xutil.o  ts_shape.o  ts_xpm.o       -o libwine_tsx11.so.1.0
> rm -f libwine_tsx11.so && ln -s libwine_tsx11.so.1.0 libwine_tsx11.so
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH="../../unicode:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
> ../../tools/winebuild/winebuild -fPIC -L../../dlls  -o ntdll.spec.c -spec
> ./ntdll.spec
> ld.so.1: ../../tools/winebuild/winebuild: fatal:
> /usr/local/lib/libwine_unicode.so: open failed: No such file or directory

   winebuild is linked with 'libwine_unicode.so' which should have been
compiled previously and should be in 'wine/unicode'. So the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting seems correct and yet it seems winebuild cannot
execute because that library cannot be found.
   So:
 * does unicode/libwine_unicode.so exist?
 * in the compilation process you should see Wine go into the unicode
subdirectory and compile stuff there. Do you indeed see something like
that?
 * try to start winebuild manually. When in Wine's root directory type
"./tools/winebuild/winebuild'. Does it work? If not try to tweak
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to get it to work. Maybe absolute paths work better than
relative ones?

     Linux, WinNT, MS-DOS - also known as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.