winapi update

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Thu Jul 26 18:01:29 CDT 2001

> Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:
>
> > The make_filter.diff patch is quite nice.
> >
> > Try it after applying it with by running:
> > make filter
>
> I'm not sure about the portability of the wildcard rule. Why don't you
> have make_filter call make instead of the other way around?  This
> would avoid the need for changing the makefiles at all.

Well, make_filter actually calls make already. :-)

Seriously, one reason that I added it to the Makefiles in the
first place is that make_filter doesn't know what version of
make to use. Sure it is called make on almost all systems
and gmake (GNU Make) on most of rest, but since the user
knows and calls "make", $(MAKE) contains the correct "make".

Oh well, I guess just calling make will work on most platforms,
it will on all platforms that I current use. The Wine Makefile is
supposed to be portable so I guess it will have to do.