winapi update

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Thu Jul 26 18:34:11 CDT 2001

>    Btw, what does make filter do?
>
>    Your post to wine-patches says it's nice an all but it does not say
> what it does.

Try and run it it is self describing. :-)

Since Alexandre didn't apply the Makefile patch, running it is
a little awkwark. Will fix that it later versions though.

Try do:
cd wine
./tools/winapi/make_filter make

You can also give it parameters like
./tools/winapi/make_filter make clean

Warning "make clean" doesn't look that good currently.

PS. It filters the make messages and only display important messages.

It might not always work 100% though, but I will fix problems as I
find them. I wrote it many months ago and have run it from time to
time since, so most issues have been fixed.

The reason I wrote it was that I was irritated that important messages
scrolled of screen.

> If it's nice isn't it worth advertising to the Wine
> developper community?

I had intended to do that if but since I was unsure that Alexandre
would apply my Makefile patch I decided to wait until it could present
a better "user interface". But by all means test it.