Dose wine people hate Solaris?

EriK W bopew2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 19:41:58 CDT 2001

>    What does not work? Do you have unicode/libwine_unicode.so or not?
>    Does the following command run or does it say it cannot find
> libwine_unicode.so?

I does have the libwine_unicode.so
but it just don't go to ~unicode directory to search for it, it always
report " can't find it in /usr/local/lib" I don't know why, I am using bash,
so I just simply copied libwine_unicode.so over to make it happy.

> [...]
gcc -c -I. -I. -I../include -I../include  -g -O2 -Wall -mpreferred-stack-bou
> > ndary=2 -fPIC -DSTRICT -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/openwin/include -o stabs.o

>    On my system r_debug is defined in '/usr/include/link.h'. According
> to dpkg this is part of libc6-dev. So the problem is that the Solaris C
> library does not define it. The link.h header says:
>
>    Data structure for communication from the run-time dynamic linker for
>    loaded ELF shared objects.
>
>    The easy way out is to say that winedbg is not essential to get
> Wine working. So you could decide not to compile it at all.
take it out?
Can I do that by commenting "
LIBPROGRAMS = \
        debugger/winedbg" ?

>    A better approach would be to either provide this r_debug structure
> somehow if it is relevant on Solaris, or remove all the related stuff on
> Solaris. I'm not a winedbg expert so I've reached my limit here. Maybe
> Eric Pouech could advise you better.
OK, then I think I probably should be a quite beaver to sit and wait Eric
Pouech to figure it out. :)

Millions thanks, Francois!!