Even more misc fixes

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Fri Jul 27 12:02:46 CDT 2001

> > But OK I will try and compile with -DSTRICT and see what happends.
> > IIRC somebody tried that but it didn't turn out so well.
>
>   That would be me, probably. I started the conversion to -DSTRICT but
> then other priorities came up and now it's on the back burner. I will
> get back to it eventually but at the current rate it's hard
> to know when
> that will be :-(
>   Compiling with -DSTRICT is not that bad: with a relatively simple
> patch it compiles (see attachement). Or at least, it used to.

No patch is needed for the file in question.
windows/property.c needs a simple patch though.

> But there
> are tons of warnings, which means tons of places that need
> attention and
> possibly fixing. That's where the work is.

Yes. I've noticed that and I have fixed a few of them as well.
However I'm not optimistic on fixing them all on the short term.
The problem is not the number of them, the problem is that
some of the warnings like the Global* can't be fixing in
the .c files. It involves changing the .h files and that
generated even more warnings. :-(

I will investigate furher, but as I said, I'm not optimistic.