Relocatoion and ExceptionFilter problem?

EriK W bopew2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 17:23:56 CDT 2001

"Francois Gouget" <fgouget at free.fr> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.21.0107301118510.11941-100000 at amboise.dolphin...
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, EriK W wrote:
>
> > Now I finally made a wine , :)
> > But I can't get any program to excute so far, mostly It is like
> >
> > bash-2.03# wine --winver win95 sol.exe
> > err:seh:UnhandledExceptionFilter Couldn't start debugger
(debugger/winedbg
> > 134639312 24)
> > (2)
> > Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
debugger

>    What we need are the lines that come before. See:
>    http://wine.codeweavers.com/docs/wine-user/bugs.shtml#BUG-REPORTING
>

> > bash-2.03# wine --winver win98 icq2000b.exe
> > err:win32:do_relocations Standard load address for a Win32 program not
> > available - patched kernel ?
> > err:win32:do_relocations FATAL: Need to relocate
> > F:\export\home\ericw\system\icq2000b.exe, but no relocation records
present
> > (stripped during link). Try to run that file directly !
> > wine: can't exec 'icq2000b.exe': error=21
>
>    Many windows executables must be loaded at a specific address.
> Unfortunately it seems that on your system this address is already in
> use so that we cannot load the executable there. In the past this
> happened regularly because we were loading all programs in a single
> address space. So after loading the first program we were unable to load
> any other program at that same address. Hence the suggestion to "Try to
> run that file directly !" in the error message. But this is all a thing
> of the past as now each application is loaded in its own address space.
>    So there must be something else using the address that Wine wants.
> It's strange because I don't remember people having this problem on
> Solaris before. What you can do is run Wine in gdb and then type 'info
> sharedlibrary' to get a map of the process memory and see what is using
> the address Wine needs. So you will also need to fid out where Wine
> is trying to load the exe. You can probably get this info by looking at
> the loader source, activating the relevant debug channels, or running
> dumpbin (comes with VC++) on the app.

Could it be related to xpm?

I  have this info when I first time config wine

 Redhat          :       xpm xpm-devel
 Caldera OpenLinux       :       xpm xpm-devel xpm-devel-static
 SuSE            :       xpm
 Debian/Corel Linux:     xpm4g xpm4g-dev

 Or get the sources from ftp.x.org and all its mirror sites from
 the directory /contrib/libraries.

I got the source and compiled xpm3.4k(With couple warnings), after
installation wine still can't find xpm.h,
because it was installed to /usr/openwin/share/include/X11/X11/xpm.h, so I
eventually copied it to /usr/openwin/share/include/X11/xpm.h to make it work
for wine.

I also tried to use something like
./configure --x-includes=/usr/openwin/share/include/X11:/usr/openwin/share/i
nclude/X11/X11
but wine couldn't find the xpm.h in this way.