off topic: Windows 98 and binutils

Brian Craft bcboy at thecraftstudio.com
Sun Jun 3 12:41:55 CDT 2001

Hey -- Sorry for the OT post, but I suspect someone here will know the answer
to this.

I'm trying to objdump some Windows 98 device drivers & dlls. Last time I did
something like this it was user-mode code from 95 or NT (not sure which), and I
just configured binutils for i386-pe. Only this same configuration won't read
the Windows 98 files -- it says the file format isn't recognised. I can still
read the old Windows binaries with this config.

I also tried i386-msdos, for good measure.

What's the scoop? 98 has a new format? Is there a binutils target that will do
the job?

b.c.