PATCH: set_thread_buffer fixed

lawson_whitney at lawson_whitney at
Mon Jun 4 19:20:08 CDT 2001

On Sun, 3 Jun 2001, Marcus Meissner wrote:

> Is this the case where set_thread_buffer fails or not?
Okay, it is not.  It crashes in debug_printf or dump_exports

However, it is so too a glibc-2.1.3 problem.  I think.  Sort of.
The same Wine that crashes with kernel 2.4.4 and 2.4.5 works fine with
kernel 2.2.14, and I bet later 2.2.x kernels when (if) I get around to
building them.  I think I might not be smart enough to debug it in
detail.  Maybe I should just send www4mail after glibc-2.2 instead.

> I don't see a failure message here.
> Also, could you try to run the attached test program and see if it fails?

success with either kernel version.  Hmmm, do I have 2.0.30 still lying
around?  1.3.18?
> Ciao, Marcus

Constants aren't, and variables won't.