stack limit

Stephen Crowley stephenc at placemark.com
Wed Jun 6 18:30:56 CDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 04:00:39PM -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Stephen Crowley <stephenc at placemark.com> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 12:02:09PM -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > > There is no way to do this at the moment; but it shouldn't be too hard
> > > to add support for a 'stack' statement in the application spec file.
> >
> > Thanks. Where would I look to change this in the source? I'm using some linear
> > regression DLLs under linux and we have to deal with some fairly large
> > matrices.
>
> Try this:
>
> [snip>

Works like a charm! Thanks. I'm curious though.. I set the stack size
to 64 megs and the application immediately uses up that much ram. Is
that the default behaviour on windows? What stops it from behaving
like a normal stack and just allocating what's needed from the heap?

--
Stephen Crowley
Software Engineer