Missing functionality in mmaux

Florian Bauer flobauer at gmx.de
Mon Jun 11 15:18:10 CDT 2001

Hi,
I tried to run Naturally Speaking, a speech recognition software under wine
without a real windows installation.
It installs just fine, but when I try to run it, it tries to adapt the audio
settings. That fails, and I get the following fixme's from wine:

fixme:mmaux:MIX_GetLineInfo Unhandled component type (00000007)
fixme:mmaux:MIX_GetLineInfo Unhandled component type (00000008)

I looked at the sources, and it seems that this is due to missing case
clauses in the function MIX_GetLineInfo in mixer.c .
Unfortunately, I don't know enough about C programming and the Windows and
OSS API's involved to add the missing parts myself.
Is it likely that this will be fixed soon?
I would love to use NatSpeak under linux, because then I could delete my
Windows 98 Partition...
Anyway, keep up the good work
regards
Florian