virtual memory problems with Linux 2.4.5

lawson_whitney at lawson_whitney at
Tue Jun 12 06:11:01 CDT 2001

On 11 Jun 2001, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Mike McCormack  <mike_mccormack at> writes:
> > i have found a problem with Wine and the Linux 2.4.5 Kernel.
> > The Kernel no longer return EINVAL when offsets are not page
> > aligned... it simply does the mapping ignoring the lower bits of the
> > offset. This small patch fixes that problem.
> That's a glibc bug IMO. What version are you using?
glibc-2.1.3 with kernel 2.4.x (no problem with 2.2.x, no problem with
2.4.x using without _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64 (I have the same symptoms, I
think - want ot do some tests to be sure.))
> --
> Alexandre Julliard
> julliard at
---cut here---