Make ChooseFontW use ChooseFontA

Ian Pilcher ian.pilcher at home.com
Tue Jun 12 11:24:00 CDT 2001

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> It would be much better to make ChooseFontA call ChooseFontW instead;
> converting Unicode to ASCII must be avoided as much as possible.

I agree, but this requires (I think) that Unicode versions of the under-
lying resources and dialog procedures exist.  AFAICT, they do not.

The current implementation of ChooseFontW converts everything to ASCII,
brings up the dialog, and then converts the returned LOGFONTA structure
back to Unicode.  The only real functional difference is that my
implementation also converts the returned CHOOSEFONTA back to Unicode.

Now if someone wants to implement a true Unicode version of the dialog
box, I'll be glad to use it.

I appologize if I'm wrong about any of the above.  This is verging
perilously close to GUI stuff, which I make a concerted effort to avoid.