Apps DB round 2

Ian Pilcher ian.pilcher at home.com
Tue Jun 12 13:43:00 CDT 2001

Jeremy Newman wrote:

> I'll play with this some more. I'm assuming a web design that the average
> user is going to be at 1024x768. Does anyone really use less than that
> anymore? (save for web devices of course).

This is one of my (many) pet peeves.  Just because I have a high
resolution display doesn't mean that I'm going to devote the entire
screen to the web browser.  IMO, web pages should be designed to work
without horizontal scrolling in a browser window 600-620 pixels wide
(unless there's a really good reason).

People using low-resolution displays will be able to use the page in a
maximized browser, and the rest of us will be able to actually benefit
from our technology investment.