virtual memory problems with Linux 2.4.5

lawson_whitney at lawson_whitney at
Tue Jun 12 15:42:56 CDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 lawson_whitney at wrote:

> I am not sure however that I have exactly Mike's bug.  It sounded the
> same from his description but I haven't done a conclusive test yet.
Not only does it look like it could easily be a misaligned mmap, Mike's
little patch makes the crash go away.  Using mmap instead of mmap64 or
using kernel 2.2.14 instead of 2.4.5 also takes away the crash.
Sorry the config test doesn't seem to catch it - it looks as if it
should.  I will take a better look at some debugmsgs and straces after