SIGSEGV while trying to run Word97

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Jun 15 08:09:09 CDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Heiko Nardmann wrote:

> > Did you try current CVS? There has been a mmap fix which might help
> > those problems or is causing them ;)
> >

> I tried this with the yesterday version of CVS wine (I am running CVS mirror
> and auto compilation via cron.daily).

Maybe you should try again.  AFAICT  the fix for mmap was committed the
afternoon of 14th June, so maybe you got an earlier one.  Of course,
there are other sig11's lurking, but this one (that is now fixed) is
late fallout not so easy to debug, so I think it best to get it out of
the way first.

> > If it is still there with current CVS, please tell us your glibc and kernel
> > version :)
> >

> uname -a gives:
> Linux snsrv053 2.2.18 #3 Fri Mar 9 16:33:30 MET 2001 i686 unknown
>
> Additionally I should add that the kernel is patched with FreeSWan.
>
> Self compiled.
>
> System is SuSE 7.0.
>

> rpm -qif /lib/libc.so.6 gives:
> Name        : shlibs                       Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 2.1.3                             Vendor: SuSE GmbH, Nuernberg,
> [.. rpm output about authors snipped ...]
>
> > Ciao, Marcus

Lawson
---cut---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!