PATCH: Move 16-bit COMM stuff to USER, where it belongs

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Jun 19 01:39:44 CDT 2001

"Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at winehq.com> wrote:

> While the idea of the patch is correct, I think it would be much
> better to fix the huge code duplication while everything is in the
> same file. The 16-bit stuff should be implemented on top of the 32-bit
> stuff, instead of duplicating most of it.

Alexandre, you are right that that code should be revised and duplications
must be remove. But since I'm not an expert in the win32 communications code,
I can't do it without risk to break a working code. This patch was mostly
inspired by the fact, that while USER exports 16-bit comm stuff, that stuff
is not in the USER code. Instead of doing an ugly thing exporting 16-bit comm
functions from KERNEL I decided to move the code around. Please consider the
applying of the patch as it is now. Code duplication can be removed later.

Thanks.
--
Dmitry.