Use the libreadline in Winedbg, if available

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Tue Jun 19 11:15:31 CDT 2001

Patrik Stridvall <ps at> writes:

> Trying to claim, even though you didn't, that Winelib is
> effected is absurd since it is independent of the debugger.
> Distributing the debugger with WineLib is merly an aggregation
> nothing more.

In theory any library that the debugger uses will also fall under the
GPL. And someone shipping Wine binaries may not be aware that parts of
it need to be GPLed, and they will get flamed to death on Slashdot.

I mostly agree with you that the FSF stance on dynamic linking has no
basis in copyright law, but I'm not interested in providing the test
case. So if you want to use readline you can patch your local copy,
but I won't ship this in the main distribution.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at