PATCH: Move 16-bit COMM stuff to USER, where it belongs

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Jun 19 11:18:46 CDT 2001

"Dmitry Timoshkov" <dmitry at baikal.ru> writes:

> Alexandre, you are right that that code should be revised and duplications
> must be remove. But since I'm not an expert in the win32 communications code,
> I can't do it without risk to break a working code. This patch was mostly
> inspired by the fact, that while USER exports 16-bit comm stuff, that stuff
> is not in the USER code. Instead of doing an ugly thing exporting 16-bit comm
> functions from KERNEL I decided to move the code around. Please consider the
> applying of the patch as it is now. Code duplication can be removed later.

No, I'm afraid it won't be fixed if it is moved to a separate
file. Also the split is not going to help for dll separation anyway,
since the 16-bit routines use the SERVICE_* functions that aren't
exported. So if you want clean dll separation the only choice is to
rewrite the 16-bit routines. Any volunteer?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com