PATCH: wine-config

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Tue Jun 19 14:59:19 CDT 2001

Malte Starostik <malte at> writes:

> For example if the winelib app is only part of a project that for some reason
> has its own Makefile management and/or merges its own rules with the ones for
> wine. Yes, this refers to activexproxy where we currently have a self-written
> configure check, but I could imagine other places where this might be of
> interest...

Well, of course you don't have to use the complete configure and
makefile generated by winemaker, you can just take the subset you need
and copy it into your makefiles. But I don't see how a wine-config
could help you do that.

Also I don't see why you'd necessarily want to use the same flags to
compile your winelib app that have been used to compile wine itself;
in fact you may not even be using the same compiler.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at