configure.in patch

Marcus Meissner Marcus.Meissner at caldera.de
Tue Jun 26 04:42:07 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 05:43:55PM +0900, Bang Jun-Young wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 08:44:50AM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 03:34:23PM +0900, Bang Jun-Young wrote:
> > > 	* configure.in:
> > > 	Remove a redundant check for flex.
> >
> > It is not redundant! AC_PROG_LEX does more than just look for the 'lex'
> > binary.
> >
> > Please do not apply.
>
> Why does configure check for flex twice? On NetBSD I get:
>
> checking for bison... no
> checking for byacc... no
> checking for flex... flex
> checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
> checking for flex... flex
>
> (as seen above, autoconf doesn't search for `yacc' for
> AC_PROG_YACC -- should be fixed)

It will use it as default if neither byacc nor flex are found.

The reason we check for 'flex' again is that the standard check sets LEX
to 'lex' even if none is found, which lead to confusion during compile.

Our check is similar, but it finds out if 'lex' is present and aborts
configure if not.

This has reduced compiling support queries :)

Ciao, Marcus