Add explicit WM_CLOSE processing in the edit control

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sat Mar 3 19:17:18 CST 2001

Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at sloboda.ru> writes:

> Since handler of WM_CLOSE in DefWindowProc calls DestroyWindow,
> which eventually sends WM_DESTROY, EDITSTATE gets destroyed before
> call to EDIT_UnlockBuffer in the end of processing of WM_CLOSE,
> therefore EDIT_UnlockBuffer gets confused.

This is not specific to WM_CLOSE, it can happen with other messages
too; any time we transfer control back to the application the window
can be destroyed. I think it would be better to either unlock the
buffer before calling DefWindowProc, or make EDIT_UnlockBuffer cope
with a destroyed window.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com