RFC: client side implementation of async I/O

Michael McCormack mccormac at aals27.alcatel.com.au
Sun Mar 4 07:31:46 CST 2001

Hi all,

This patch moves responsibility for asynchronous I/O to the client process.
i'm posting it to wine-devel because i want to know what other developers here
think about the technique i've used to make this work... i've relaxed some of
the assumptions wineserver makes about client processes.

i think this implementation is more efficient, as it makes fewer server calls
and duplicates fewer file descriptors, while maintaining correctness.

Mike

mailto:Michael.McCormack at alcatel.com.au  phone: (+8232) 667 0425 (h)
                                                (+8211) 430 0425 (m)