The PEACE Project

Damjan Lango damjan.lango at hermes.si
Mon Mar 12 14:11:51 CST 2001

Hi,

I don't know if you know about The PEACE Project:

http://chiharu.haun.org/peace/

What is PEACE?

PEACE is a set of programs to run Win32 apps on NetBSD/i386 (and other ports
in the future?) box.

What is the difference from other Win32 emulators?

Actually, PEACE is `Win32-compatible package' rather than `emulator' because
different from Wine and WABI, PEACE does not have `emulator executable'.
EXE files are directly executed from sh or csh.

Requirements

More information

PEACE consists of the following 3 components:

 1.In-kernel *.EXE loader
 2.Dynamic linker for Windows *.DLLs
 3.Win32 API implementation (i.e. core DLLs)

How many Win32 API functions are implemented?

Currentry, most APIs are NOT implemented.

(I'm not involved in that project, just found it on the web)
ciao
Damjan Lango