The PEACE Project

Martin Pilka mpilka at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 12 14:47:26 CST 2001

> Anyone can join the wine development team.  Simply subscribe to wine-devel
> and wine-patches and start hacking.  Because all patches go through
> Alexandre before going into CVS every developer has basically equal chances
> of getting their patch into the tree (assuming that it is following the
> overall architecture goals of Wine).  Actually, I would say wine is an
> extremely good example of the open source development process.

well, the problem is that sometimes some patches fall to nowhere -
they're rejected without any note. this could be very annoying
especially for newbies (who have the fair chance they'll not fit into
wine architecture). i mean - we should have some mechanism which deadly
indicates the state of the patch.

however, it's not the case now. they should really join.

martin