Eliminate excessive retries in GetFileVersionInfo(Size) (fwd)

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Mar 15 12:25:01 CST 2001

Oops, I misdirected this to wine-patches before.  Sorry.

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> Hello.
>
> This patch helps eliminate excessive retries in GetFileVersionInfo(Size).
>
> Changelog:
>     Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at codeweavers.com>
>     Return from GetFileVersionInfo(Size) if specified file found,
>     but VS_VERSION_INFO resource not.

Good day!

Here we go again.  This breaks my app (juno 2.0.11) with builtin
ole32/oleaut32.  Native ole32/oleaut32 are so full of deadbeef they sort
of stink.

I guess we don't need to panic yet.  I can revert it locally until so
I can get and send mail until I see if I (or someone) can make some
builtin version resources that will satisfy this app.   It installs its
own oleaut32.dll and with this patch in it thinks the install is busted.

Regards,

Lawson

It is better to be lucky than good. - J. A. Soucy
---