Allow loading of built-in dlls with LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE flag set

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Mar 19 19:21:07 CST 2001

"Dmitry Timoshkov" <dmitry at sloboda.ru> writes:

> Perhaps version.dll code should use DONT_RESOLVE_DLL_REFERENCES instead of
> undesirable LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE?

Not necessarily, it may be considered a feature to load version info
from the native dll, even though the actual code will run from the
builtin. This may help programs believe they got the exact version
they wanted (since presumably the app installed the dll in the first
place).

> Will DONT_RESOLVE_DLL_REFERENCES work with built-in dlls somewhere in the future?

Unlikely; the problem is that we cannot prevent constructors from
running, and we need to resolve imports before running constructors.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com