Port to OS/390 mainframe USS?

James Hatheway james at macadamian.com
Wed Mar 21 12:20:10 CST 2001

> Will there be a port of WINE to OS/390 mainframe USS?
> LINUX runs fine under USS, so it would seem that WINE should run there as
> well.
> Has anyone done this yet?

Hi James,

If you are talking about WINE the Windows binary PE loader (directly
supporting and loading windows .exe files) this will probably never
happen, unless somebody wants to add intel emulation code into WINE.
(at a significant speed penalty, of course)

If you are talking about WineLib, I believe that Ulrich made a post
earlier this year mentioning getting at least a partial port of a WineLib
app running on an S390.  (I believe he mentioned getting Winemine to compile)