Nasty Wine/kernel bug, anyone?

Steve Fox stevefx at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 21 15:11:33 CST 2001

> Could you check in which kernel routine the process is blocked?
> (e.g. using ps -Ao pid,wchan)

Running 'ps -Ao pid,wchan' shows that all the processes in uninterruptible
sleep are in the do_exit routine.

>> Because the process is already gone, I can't strace or gdb it.
>
> What do you mean 'the process is already gone'? Could it be that
> ptrace doesn't work because the Wine server has already attached
> to that client process?

I am unable to attach to it with gdb either. I get the error:

Attaching to program: /opt/notes5/wine/bin/wine, Pid 22018

ptrace: Operation not permitted.

> Steve, is VFAT also involved in your case?

Only ext2 here.

Steve Fox
IBM Linux Technology Center
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux