Nasty Wine/kernel bug, anyone?

Ulrich Weigand weigand at immd1.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Mar 26 14:06:04 CST 2001

Hi Jeremy,

> > Could you check in which kernel routine the process is blocked?
> > (e.g. using ps -Ao pid,wchan)
>
> USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
> jwhite    2531  2.3 14.8 86144 38016 pts/0   D    16:02   0:05 wine
> --debugmsg +server msimn.exe
>
>   PID WCHAN
>  2531 down

Great :-(  Now the interesting thing would be to know *which*
semaphore this is waiting on ...

I'd really like to see a kernel stack backtrace on this.  However,
there doesn't appear to be an easy way to do so ...

> > Hmm.  Could you try getting a Wine trace (especially the server/
> > client interaction)?
>
> ftp://wine.codeweavers.com/pub/other/outlook-server.out.gz
> (about 160K).

Is this from the same run as above?   I.e. is the process
with pid 2531 part of this trace?

B.t.w. the trace appears to show that you pressed ^C to
terminate the process.  Does the symptom (processes in state D)
show *before* you press ^C or only afterwards?

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand