Nasty Wine/kernel bug, anyone?

Ulrich Weigand weigand at immd1.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Mar 26 16:49:22 CST 2001

Hi Jeremy,

> > Great :-(  Now the interesting thing would be to know *which*
> > semaphore this is waiting on ...
> >
> > I'd really like to see a kernel stack backtrace on this.  However,
> > there doesn't appear to be an easy way to do so ...
>
>     I was pretty sure this was going to be a fun one...

OK, I've hacked together a silly tool that generates a
kernel stack backtrace from userspace.

Note that this doesn't do much error checking; please compile
against kernel sources that match the running kernel, and don't
try to use the tool for *running* processes ...

To generate the dump, just run 'dump <pid>'.  The result
is suitable for piping through 'ksymoops' for symbol lookup.

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand