controls/edit.c

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Mar 29 13:51:25 CST 2001

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Ulrich Czekalla wrote:

> I forgot to plug a region leak before I sent the patch in. I have
> attached an updated patch.
>
> /Ulrich

Good day!

This message comes to you from Juno-2.0.11 without benefit of junopine:
I am composing it with Juno's GUI composer using the new edit.c.  Much
less flicker.  I still can't answer a letter this way: Juno chokes on a
SendMessageCallback as soon as it gets anything in its inbox, but that
is nothing to do with edit.c

It is hot and heavy with ads now and I get some sluggishness because
I am contending with the ad engine for the 47 bogoMIPS of the mighty
p-120, but really it seems much better.  I still don't like GUI though,
and Juno might get annoyed if I delete all its ads, which I would have
to do to really use this composer, so I will go back to Pine now,
but it does seem much better nor it was.

Lawson
---cut here

Well, not quite without junopine.  I hit alt-s meaning to send it, and
saved it to the draft folder instead, and tripped on another
SendMessageCallback trying to get it out, but I did compose it with a
GUI editor.

The first patch moved the cursor for each character of the password, but
showed no character, but with the revised patch I see the xxxx
strikover I am accustomed to see.  I think it is an improvement, but I
am hardly a GUI guru.  First soldier into the minefield, maybe, and
still alive.

Regards,

Lawson
---cut here.  Really.  "The Rest is Spam."

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.