FreeLibrary() library freeing

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed May 2 12:20:57 CDT 2001

gerard patel <gerard.patel at asi.fr> writes:

> If you remember, there are glibc problems with dlclose. Alexandre Julliard
> said that it was not a problem because FreeLibrary was not doing anything.
> So I guess that people with 'old' glibc could have now new crashes.

Actually we still cannot dlclose builtin libraries; the change I made
is to free memory used by PE dlls. Freeing builtins properly will
require dll separation to be completed first. And once this is done we
will no longer rely on glibc dlclose reference counting so the bug
shouldn't impact us.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com