wine server protocol error running Notes

David.Goodenough at dga.co.uk David.Goodenough at dga.co.uk
Thu May 3 09:05:02 CDT 2001

I am getting an intermittent error when I run Notes under Wine (February
drop).  The error I get reads:

protocol error: 0x8064159: copy_req_path: invalid length 51/0

Is this a known problem, if not where do I start looking to try to track
down the problem?

This only seems to occur during shutdown of Notes, and it returns control
to the command line but leaves the Notes client window up on the screen,
with at least one wine <defunct> process and one other wine process listed
in ps.